Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 6:17 pm
Been blessed again. The Internet was cut again for lack of pay and, it did not bend me out of shape. Instead, I spent the whole day working off line on the next post. And to boot, I got the answer for my bewilderment.
- Why are the righteous sinning? Because they have not renounced their intellectual capacity or understanding of all things.
- Why the righteous cannot recognize their sin? Because they have not recognized the existence of two natures within our beings, the carnal nature of our birth & the nature of our Creator.
- Thus, the righteous attribute all their doings to the carnal mind in lieu of the nature of our Creator. They assumed all their doings to be from the human mind. They exalt the human mind just like any other human does. Such is not to be, but!
- Why so many beautiful things are sinful? Because we look at all things with the knowledge from the tree of good & evil. Thus, we assumed all beauty to be something to view to honor the Creator. But it is not so.
- Why our search for that elusive happiness? Because there is no such a thing as eternal happiness for the carnal nature of our birth. There is no peace for the wicked.
- Why Mental Insanity besets this world that we inhabit? Because of the lack of knowledge of our Father/Creator’s ways.
On to the next most important matter.
How can we find the answer to our bewilderment? We find the answer when we listen to the Almighty Creator’s voice. In other words, when we listen or obey His loving commandments. Most explicit? When we obey the First and Most Important of all commandments, as it’s written,
- You shall love the Master your Almighty with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind (intellect). [Deut. 6:5.] This is the great (most important, principal) and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as you do yourself. [Lev. 19:18.] These two commandments sum up and upon them depend all the Law and the Prophets.
You know what, Pat? It just dawn, on me. Thinking about my former understanding when I read such words, I was convinced I was keeping that first commandment. I thought about my Master. I pray to Him about everything. I read & studied the Scriptures to show myself approved by? Him I thought but! I was only looking for your approval. And to put the icing on the cake? I loved my neighbor as I love myself first and uppermost just like all of you did & do. I was a ‘good’ Christian woman, I was told.