Ha! I see it my Father! I hear, “Examining ourselves—our behavior does not mean self-condemnation at all. Rather, to examine our behavior is essential to the improvement of such behavior.
Only, to an effective examination? We must stand naked in the sight of our Maker. Otherwise? It could turn into radical and destructive self-condemnation. Hebrew 4 comes into mind.
It’s a long quote, but! It’s worth to carefully read it even if one has read it many times before. It holds the secret finding of help to avail us to resolve all our predicaments.
Dear Reader, no kidding, every time I now read it? It makes such an impact in my soul. I hope for it to do the same for you. I encourage you to read it for yourself. Quote,
- THEREFORE, WHILE the promise of entering His rest still holds and is offered today, let us be afraid to distrust it, lest any of you should think he has come too late and has come short of reaching it.
- For indeed we have had the glad tidings—Good News proclaimed to us just as truly as they—the Israelites of old did when the Good News of deliverance from bondage came to them; but the message they heard did not benefit them, because it was not mixed with faith—with the leaning of the entire personality on Yahuwah in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness by those who heard it; neither were they united in faith with the ones—Joshua and Kaleb who heard and did believe.
- For we who have believed—adhered to and trusted in and relied on Yahuwah do enter that rest, in accordance with His declaration that those who did not believe should not enter when He said, As I swore in My wrath, They shall not enter My rest; and this He said although His works had been completed and prepared and waiting for all who would believe from the foundation of the world.
- For in a certain place He has said this about the seventh day: And Yahuwah/Yahushua rested on the seventh day from all His works. And they forfeited their part in it, for in this passage He said, They shall not enter My rest.
- Seeing then that the promise remains over from past times for some to enter that rest, and that those who formerly were given the good news about it and the opportunity, failed to appropriate it and did not enter because of disobedience, again He sets a definite day, a new Today, and gives another opportunity of securing that rest saying through David after so long a time in the words already quoted, Today, if you would hear His voice and when you hear it, do not harden your hearts. This mention of a rest was not a reference to their entering into Canaan. For if Joshua had given them rest, He Yahuwah would not speak afterward about another day.
- So then, there is still awaiting a full and complete Sabbath-rest reserved for the true people of Yahuwah; for he who has once entered Yahuwah’s rest also has ceased from the weariness and pain of human labors, just as Yahuwah/Yahushua rested from those labors peculiarly His own.
- Let us therefore be zealous and exert ourselves and strive diligently to enter that rest of Yahuwah, to know and experience it for ourselves, that no one may fall or perish by the same kind of unbelief and disobedience into which those in the wilderness fell.
- For the Word that Yahuwah/Yahushua speaks is alive and full of power making it active, operative, energizing, and effective; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and the immortal spirit, and of joints and marrow of the deepest parts of our nature, exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.
- And not a creature exists that is concealed from His sight, but all things are open and exposed, naked and defenseless to the eyes of Him with Whom we have to do.
- Inasmuch then as we have a great High Priest Who has already ascended and passed through the heavens, Yahushua the Son of Yahuwah, let us hold fast our confession of belief in Him. For we do not have a High Priest Who is unable to understand and sympathize and have a shared feeling with our weaknesses and infirmities and liability to the assaults of temptation, but One Who has been tempted in every respect as we are, yet without sinning.
- Let us then fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace—the throne of Yahuwah’s unmerited favor to us sinners, that we may receive mercy for our failures and find grace to help in good time for every need—appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when we need it. End of quote.
Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 4:16 am.