It was a hopeless situation, she was too far gone to the judgment of a 10-year-old’s evaluation of her education. To my judgment? She couldn’t be educated nor convinced to make things a little easier for us children.
So, I quit giving instructions to my grandmother right there and then, I wasn’t dumb, I knew her meaning.
So, it was not ignorance of the Almighty. For my grandmother was a righteous woman. But she got set in her idea of the Almighty concerning discipline because, she didn’t know the Truth of the the Almighty’s Word.
Ignorance. Rebellion? A Pair To Follow Me Most Of My Life.
The conflict became even more severe as I grew older, because I, also, grew up ignorant.
- Ignorant of The Almighty’s Word.
- Driven by the spirit of rebellion.
- Rebellion? Ingrained in the human being at birth.
- Rebellion imbedded in our human nature
- Imbedded in me. Adequately nurtured with the poison of rejection/fear.
- Producing the emotional wounds from my early childhood’s sufferings.
I knew why my grandmother was so mean and distrustful of me. Why she would punish me so severely? Several reasons:
- She had taught me about moral values and good behavior, but!
- Though I wanted to live up to what my grandmother had taught me? I failed miserably to do so.
- Yes, I knew in my heart it was the right way to live, even so?
- I was not able to live up to those standards.
- I kept falling short of her expectations.
- That is why grandmother would punish me.
- That’s what I knew.
What I Didn’t Know Was That All Human Beings Have The Same Passions And Problems.
I didn’t know that we are all born with the spirit of rebellion imbedded in our natures, without the ability to be good. Despite the many considered ‘good’ by this world’s standards.