For the last two hours I been looking for the meaning of envy, envied, and jealous jealousy. Wow! What a finding. From the dictionary:
- Traditional usage holds that we are jealous when we fear losing something that is important to us and envious when we desire that which someone else has
- You use enviable to describe a possession, quality, or ability that someone has, and that you wish you had yourself.
- Jealousy: Jealous resentment against a person enjoying success or advantage; anger or fear of losing something or someone to a rival.
From That Meaning You Firmly Implanted In My Soul The Sermon Of The Mount …
Excerpts from Matthew 5:
SEEING THE crowds, He went up on the mountain; and when He was seated, His disciples came to Him. Then He opened His mouth and taught them, saying:
- Blessed (happy, to be envied, and spiritually prosperous—with life-joy and satisfaction in our Father in the heaven’s favor and deliverance, regardless of their outward conditions) are the poor in spirit (the humble, who rate themselves insignificant), for theirs is the kingdom of heaven! …
- … Blessed and fortunate and happy and spiritually prosperous (in that state in which the born-again child of our Father in the heaven enjoys His favor and deliverance) are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness (uprightness and right standing with our Father in the heaven), for they shall be completely satisfied! Isa. 55:1, 2.
- …. Blessed and happy and enviably fortunate and spiritually prosperous (in the state in which the born-again child of our Father in the heavens enjoys and finds satisfaction in our Father in the heaven’s favor and salvation, regardless of his outward conditions) are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake (for being and doing right), for theirs is the kingdom of heaven!
- Blessed (happy, to be envied, and spiritually prosperous–with life-joy and satisfaction in our Father in the heaven’s favor and salvation, regardless of your outward conditions) are you when people revile you and persecute you and say all kinds of evil things against you falsely on My account.
- Be glad and supremely joyful, for your reward in heaven is great (strong and intense), for in this same way people persecuted the prophets who were before you. II Chron. 36:16.
- You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste (its strength, its quality), how can its saltness be restored? It is not good for anything any longer but to be thrown out and trodden underfoot by men.
- You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a peck measure, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house.
- Let your light so shine before men that they may see your moral excellence and your praiseworthy, noble, and good deeds and recognize and honor and praise and esteem your Father Who is in heaven.
- Do not think that I have come to do away with or undo the Law or the Prophets; I have come not to do away with or undo but to complete and fulfill them.
- For truly I tell you, until the sky and earth pass away and perish, not one smallest letter nor one little hook [identifying certain Hebrew letters] will pass from the Law until all things [it foreshadows] are accomplished.
- Whoever then breaks or does away with or relaxes one of the least [important] of these commandments and teaches men so shall be called least [important] in the kingdom of heaven, but he who practices them and teaches others to do so shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
- For I tell you, unless your righteousness (your uprightness and your right standing with the Creator) is more than that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. End of quote.
Now? About My Own Business …?
What You told to the ancient workers? You are now telling it to me, and? I got it, my Master! I really, really got it this time! No longer a problem. You set me to mind my own business on high seas. WHAT?
Indeed! The High Seas? Dangerous Waters Away From This World’s Shores And Business…?
The world’s business? What about that man or this one woman? Forget it! No time to worry about that business. Must mind my own business to follow You unto the High Seas Dangerous Waters. Whatever for?
O! O! My Eyes Set On You At The Helm Of The Ship Or Else! …
Talking about Your ways? Master? You know how I am stuck with the last lines I been writing. I think I done lost the thread of this writing. I’ll go to sleep. I’ll wait to see how You’ll unstuck me. It’s Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 9:52 pm.
Ah! You Unstuck Me! How?
Friday, October 4, 2019 at 1:40 am.