For false Messiahs and false prophets will arise, and they will show great signs and wonders so as to deceive and lead astray, if possible, even the elect (your Creator’s chosen ones).
- See, I have warned you beforehand.
So if they say to you, Behold, He is in the wilderness (desert)–do not go out there; if they tell you, Behold, He is in the secret places or inner rooms–do not believe it.
For just as the lightning flashes from the east and shines and is seen as far as the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.
Wherever there is a fallen body (a corpse), there the vultures (or eagles) will flock together. [Job_39:30]
The Coming of the Son of Man
- Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not shed its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. [Isa_13:10; Isa_34:4; Joe_2:10-11; Zep_1:15]
- Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn and beat their breasts and lament in anguish, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory [in brilliancy and splendor]. [Dan_7:13; Rev_1:7]
- And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect (His chosen ones) from the four winds, [even] from one end of the universe to the other. [Isa_27:13; Zec_9:14]
The Lesson of the Fig Tree
From the fig tree learn this lesson: as soon as its young shoots become soft and tender and it puts out its leaves, you know of a surety that summer is near.
So also when you see these signs, all taken together, coming to pass, you may know of a surety that He is near, at the very doors.
- Truly I tell you, this generation (the whole multitude of people living at the same time, in a definite, given period) will not pass away till all these things taken together take place.
- Sky and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
No One Knows That Day and Hour
But of that [exact] day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.