(10) In conclusion, be strong in the Lord [be empowered through your union with Him]; draw your strength from Him [that strength which His boundless might provides].
(11) Put on God’s whole armor [the armor of a heavy-armed soldier which God supplies], that you may be able successfully to stand up against [all] the strategies and the deceits of the devil.
(12) For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere.
(13) Therefore put on God’s complete armor, that you may be able to resist and stand your ground on the evil day [of danger], and, having done all [the crisis demands], to stand [firmly in your place].
(14) Stand therefore [hold your ground], having tightened the belt of truth around your loins and having put on the breastplate of integrity and of moral rectitude and right standing with God,
(15) And having shod your feet in preparation [to face the enemy with the N1firm-footed stability, the promptness, and the readiness N2produced by the good news] of the Gospel of peace. [Isa_52:7]
(16) Lift up over all the [covering] shield of N1saving faith, upon which you can quench all the flaming missiles of the wicked [one].
(17) And take the helmet of salvation and the sword that the Spirit N1wields, which is the Word of God.
(18) Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God’s consecrated people).
(19) And [pray] also for me, that [freedom of] utterance may be given me, that I may open my mouth to proclaim boldly the mystery of the good news (the Gospel),
(20) For which I am an ambassador in a coupling chain [in prison. Pray] that I may declare it boldly and courageously, as I ought to do.
Man! How Clear Those Instructions Are, But! …
O well! I had forgotten the Galatians and the Corinthians. Worse! I had forgotten 2 Peter 3:15-17.
And consider that the long-suffering of our Lord [His slowness in avenging wrongs and judging the world is salvation (that which is conducive to the soul’s safety), even as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the spiritual insight given him,