Jeremiah 17:5-27 AMPC
- Thus says the Master: Cursed [with great evil] is the strong man who trusts in and relies on frail man, making weak [human] flesh his arm, and whose mind and heart turn aside from the Master.
- For he shall be like a shrub or a person naked and destitute in the desert; and he shall not see any good come, but shall dwell in the parched places in the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land.
- Most blessed is the man who believes in, trusts in, and relies on the Master, and whose hope and confidence the Master is.
- For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters that spreads out its roots by the river; and it shall not see and fear when heat comes; but its leaf shall be green. It shall not be anxious and full of care in the year of drought, nor shall it cease yielding fruit.
- The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly perverse and corrupt and severely, mortally sick! Who can know it [perceive, understand, be acquainted with his own heart and mind]? [Mat_13:15-17; Mar_7:21-23; Eph_4:20-24]
- I the Master search the mind, I try the heart, even to give to every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings.
- Like the partridge that gathers a brood which she did not hatch and sits on eggs which she has not laid, so is he who gets riches by unjust means and not by right. He will leave them, or they will leave him, in the midst of his days, and at his end he will be a fool.
- A glorious throne, set on high from the beginning, is the place of our sanctuary (the temple).
- Master, the Hope of Israel, all who forsake You shall be put to shame. They who depart from You and me [Your prophet] shall [disappear like] writing upon the ground, because they have forsaken the Master, the Fountain of living waters.
- Heal me, O Master, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise.
- Behold, they say to me, Where is the word of the Master [predicting the disaster that you said would befall us]? Let it come now!
- But as for me, I have not sought to escape from being a shepherd after You, nor have I desired the woeful day [of judgment]; You know that. Whatever I said was spoken in Your presence and was from You.
- Be not a terror to me; You are my refuge and my hope in the day of evil.
- Let those be put to shame who persecute me, but let me not be put to shame; let them be dismayed, but let me not be dismayed. Bring on them the day of evil, and destroy them with double destruction.
- Thus said the Master to me: Go and stand in the gate of the sons of the people, through which the kings of Judah enter and through which they go out, and also [stand] in all the gates of Jerusalem.
- Say to them, Hear the word of the Master, you kings of Judah, and all Judah, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem who enter through these gates.
- Thus says the Master: Take heed to yourselves and for the sake of your lives bear no burden on the Sabbath day or bring it in through the gates of Jerusalem.
- And do not carry a burden out of your houses on the Sabbath day or do any work, but keep the Sabbath day holy (set apart to the worship of God), as I commanded your fathers.
- Yet they would not listen and obey or incline their ears; but they stiffened their necks, that they might not hear and might not receive instruction.
- But if you diligently listen to and obey Me, says the Master, and bring in no burden through the gates of this city on the Sabbath day, but keep the Sabbath day holy (set apart to the worship of God), to do no work on it,
- Then there will enter through the gates of this city kings and princes who will sit upon the throne of David, riding in chariots and on horses–the kings and their princes, the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and this city will be inhabited and last throughout the ages.
- And people shall come from the cities of Judah and the places round about Jerusalem, from the land of Benjamin, from the lowland, from the hill country, and from the South (the Negeb), bringing burnt offerings and sacrifices, cereal offerings and frankincense, and bringing sacrifices of thanksgiving to the house of the Master.
- But if you will not listen to Me to keep the Sabbath day holy (set apart to the worship of God), and not to bear a burden and enter in at the gates of Jerusalem [with one] on the Sabbath day, then I will kindle a fire in her gates, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched. End of quote.
· Ha! So That Is The Heaviness That I Can’t Shake Off …?
Even the reason for my trembling as Your prophet Habakkuk trembled. Why the heaviness? To see my baby in such dire predicament depending in the hospital and caretakers.
- Why not? This world that we inhabit demands our submission to its ways.
- For my child to submit to such dangerous procedure for her healing is a heavy weight on everything I stand for.
- Even so? Your Prophet Habakkuk prayer comes to mind again.
- Habakkuk’s Prayer
- A PRAYER of Habakkuk the prophet, set to wild, enthusiastic, and triumphal music.
- O Master, I have heard the report of You and was afraid. O Master, revive Your work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make [Yourself] known! In wrath [earnestly] remember love, pity, and mercy.
- The Almighty [approaching from Sinai] came from Teman [which represents Edom] and the Holy One from Mount Paran [in the Sinai region]. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
- His glory covered the heavens and the earth was full of His praise.
- And His brightness was like the sunlight; rays streamed from His hand, and there [in the sunlike splendor] was the hiding place of His power.
- Before Him went the pestilence [as in Egypt], and burning plague followed His feet [as in Sennacherib’s army]. [Exo_7:2-4; 2Ki_19:32-35]
- He stood and measured the earth; He looked and shook the nations, and the eternal mountains were scattered and the perpetual hills bowed low. His ways are everlasting and His goings are of old.
- I [Habakkuk, in vision] saw the tents of Cushan [probably Ethiopia] in affliction; the [tent] curtains of the land of Midian trembled.
- Were You displeased with the rivers, O Master? Or was Your anger against the rivers [You divided]? Was Your wrath against the [Red] Sea, that You rode [before] upon Your horses and Your chariots of victory and deliverance?
- Your bow was made quite bare; sworn to the tribes [of Israel] by Your sure word were the rods of chastisement, scourges, and calamities. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! With rivers You cleaved the earth [bringing forth waters in dry places]. [Exo_17:6; Num_20:11]
- The mountains saw You; they trembled and writhed [as if in pain]. The overflowing of the water passed by [as at the deluge]; the deep uttered its voice and lifted its hands on high.
- The sun and moon stood back [as before Joshua] in their habitation at the light of Your arrows as they sped, at the flash of Your glittering spear. [Jos_10:12-13]
- You marched through the land in indignation; You trampled and threshed the nations in anger.
- You went forth and have come for the salvation of Your people, for the deliverance and victory of Your anointed [people Israel]; You smote the head of the house of the wicked, laying bare the foundation even to the neck. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
- You pierced with his own arrows the head of [the enemy’s] hordes; they came out as a whirlwind to scatter me [the people], rejoicing as if to devour the poor [Israel] secretly.
- You have trodden the sea with Your horses, [beside] the heap of great and surging waters. [Exo_15:8]
- I heard and my [whole inner self] trembled; my lips quivered at the sound. Rottenness enters into my bones and under me [down to my feet]; I tremble.
- I will wait quietly for the day of trouble and distress when there shall come up against my people him who is about to invade and oppress them.
- Though the fig tree does not blossom and there is no fruit on the vines, [though] the product of the olive fails and the fields yield no food, though the flock is cut off from the fold and there are no cattle in the stalls,
- Yet I will rejoice in the Master; I will exult in the [victorious] Messiah of my salvation! [Rom_8:37]
- The Master Almighty Creator is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds’ feet and will make me to walk not to stand still in terror, but to walk and make spiritual progress upon my high places of trouble, suffering, or responsibility! End of quote.
Master? What Is Your Will For Me Under The Circumstances …?
I sense I am to wait quietly for the day of trouble and distress when there shall come up against my people him who is about to invade and oppress them.
O My Master! My Heart Constricts. How Am I To Wait Quietly …?
Yes, I have been determinate to rejoice regardless any and all kinds of lack and sufferings. Even so? Right now, my determination flounders.
- It is only 10:26 am on this Saturday, October 16, 2021 and I am already dreading. the waiting for the rest of this day.
- No telling if waiting on this day or untold number of days.
- Why The Global COVID-19 Pandemic?
- Why is my child in the brink of open-heart surgery?
- Why the dreadful waiting in pain and sorrow for Your response?
- It is now Saturday, October 16, 2021, at 2:14 pm.
Help! O My Master! HELP!
You know that the above tirade comes directly from the mind of my sinful flesh which is sense and reason without Your Spirit. Even so?
- You also know that I no longer live by the mandates of my flesh.
Thus? My Shrilling Cry For Your Help! …?
Quickly comes Your reminder, “Behold! The Immensity Of My Love Covers The Multitude Of your Sins.” All is well with my soul now.
- Saturday, October 16, 2021, at 7:17 pm.
- Food came but I did not get up.
- Slept for a while.
- You quickened me to get up to eat.
- I got update from Roxana.
- She is doing better.
- Send her a reminder of Your love and power.
- Reminding her that surgery is not the only option.
- I now wait quietly for whatever whenever You develop next.
- Saturday, October 16, 2021, at 10:50 pm.
- Indeed! A ten for things are now seriously in the 50 for our jubilee.
- On to tweak the new header.
- All done.
- It is now Sunday, October 17, 2021, at 1:25 am.
- It is coming to me to format and close this post.
- But I am sleepy.
- My clue to stop to head for bed.
- Up on Sunday, October 17, 2021, at 5:37 am.
- You are pointing the 5 and 37 to close this post.
- The 5 Grace Preparation.
- Five is an expression of preparedness as a result of receiving His mercy and grace.
- Number 5 symbolizes God’s goodness, grace, and kindness.
- The number 37?
Here is Your interpretation. Quote: