Synonyms: endure, bear1, stand, abide, suffer, tolerate
- These verbs mean to put up with something, especially something difficult, annoying, or painful.
- Endure stresses forbearance in the face of ongoing difficulties: “Human life is everywhere a state in which much is to be endured and little to be enjoyed” (Samuel Johnson).
- Bear can suggest a stalwart capacity to put up with something painful or unpleasant: “Those best can bear reproof who merit praise” (Alexander Pope).
- Stand and the more formal abide often imply forbearance that comes from resolute self-control under provoking circumstances: He couldn’t stand taking orders from anyone. She couldn’t abide fools.
- Suffer has a similar range but adds a suggestion of meekness or resignation: He suffered their insults in silence.
- Tolerate, in this sense, generally connotes a reluctant or indulgent acceptance: “Young Konrad loved animals, and his parents tolerated the many household pets he acquired—birds, a dog, fish, a lemur” (Dale Peterson). End of quote.
Glory Be! But He Who Endures To The End Will Be Saved’. What End? …
The end of all of that in the list! The end of the wars. The end of all disasters. The end of the plagues. The end of physical as well as moral evil. The end of time as we know time to be.
So There! That’s Matthew 24 From Your Perspective! …
And how that applies to Yours truly my Master? O but I don’t mean to be sassy, You know it. I only mean to mind my business and follow You.
And That’s What You Had For My Anew Today …?
In the meantime, it is now Thursday, November 11, 2021, at 6:05 pm time for me to head for bed. Up on Thursday, November 11, 2021, at 9:36 pm.
- I don’t know what is going on?
- Yazeed was not able to pay for my minutes.
- My reply to Roxana was blocked.
- My eyes are tearing big time.
- My head is hurting.
Ha! Now I Know! Welcome Beautiful Blessings! …?
Roxana announced to me that Beautiful Blessings were on the way! Sure enough! Yazeed was able to pay for minutes. Ibrahem brought me honey and good chocolates and fruit and my favorite pasta and chicken broth! = BEAUTIFUL BLESSINGS! Thank You.
Not A Scary False Alarm At All! Rather A Sound Warning …
And that from the only One Who knows the end from the beginning. “See, I have warned you beforehand” Yahushua lovingly informs us on what to expect on these times of Noah that we are going through. He told us then what is happening already, quote: